Tuesday, May 10, 2011

My Mother's day cards

I know its a little late in posting my cards for Mother's Day..But better late than never right!! Honestly speaking, I am not very much for these kind of day celebrations...be it daughter's day, father's day, brother or sister day. We don't really need a special day to celebrate life.. Do we? I don't intend to start a debate here... I am just being honest and everyone has a right to personal opinion..Why did I make these cards then...simple..I love making them :). I am sure my folks will appreciate my honesty !!

Did I mention 'cards'?..well, no typo here. One is for my birth Mom and the other is for my after marriage Mom..technically put Mother-in-law but I don't like the technical term anyways..

Well, here are the cards I made for my dear Mummies -The left one is for my Birth Mummy and one on the right is for my post marriage mummy :). The sentiment truly say what I feel for both of them. We are in different continents but lucky me is going to meet both of them soon. Love you Mommies :)


Card making details: The layout is from Clean and Simple stamping blog. I really love their layouts.  The sentiments are partially stamped and partially hand-written. Next thing to add to my Michael's shopping list - Alphabet stamps :) ..

Hope you all had a lovely Mother's Day.. I couldn't celebrate with them the same day but I am looking to all the good time I am going to have with them soon :) :)

Challenges: sparkles forum challenge
                   Paper Cuts challenge
          SNSDC Challenge
        













8 comments:

  1. Your cards are really gorgeous :) If u are using a digital image then u can submit your entry for the Indian craft room challenge for mothers day :)

    You can order some alphabet stamps from Lawn fawn(http://www.lawnfawn.com/)(Lawn fawn has some really amazing alphabet stamps) or Hero arts(http://www.heroarts.com/) online and they will arrive right at your door step :)
    I ordered my first stamp from here http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/ (they carry both the hero arts and lawn fawn stamps)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel highly elated to have u design a card specially for me!! God bless!! I too don't believe in d "DAYS" concept Great minds do think alike!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi There.

    Two fabbie cards, love the colours you have chosen.

    Thanks for joining us at SFC.

    Huggies Angel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well written post and nice cards...Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, beautiful cards !!

    I too don't believe in Days !! .. We, Indians have mother's day, father'sday and all other days 24/7 .. We don't need a specific day to tell our mom-dad that how much we love them !!

    So again, great minds think alike ;) ..

    ReplyDelete
  6. 2 lovely cards! Thanks for taking part in the SFC xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oo brilliant cards lovely colours you have chosen too!

    Thanks for joining the sparkles girls this fortnight over at sparkles forum challenges!

    Dazie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Efforts are out of true love. . and creativity if out of dedication. . more than words the work speaks a lot about FEELINGs. .

    ReplyDelete