Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Holiday season cards!

Hi People,

I have not 1, but 2 cards to share in this blog post. They were all made for the holiday season.
Being a quilling enthusiast, I usually like to incorporate  small quilled trinkets in my cards. However, I would always shy away from making the most beautiful of all - the quilled snowflakes. I used to see so many quilling geniuses making these beautiful intricate snowflakes and I wished if I could achieve the same perfection. So here are my quilled snowflake cards following the tutorials from Ann Martin's blog. I am avid follower of her blog and I guess most of you must be following her too. She is simply awesome :)

Here are the pics:

Snowflake card

Snowflake in two colors





















I wouldn't say these are my best quilled snowflakes. I am sure I can better this. Its not perfectly symmetrical. But never the less, I am happy with the outcome.

Hey people, have you noticed the textured paper?  You guessed it right! I got CUTTLEBUG...Yipppiee!! I got it as a gift on thanksgiving from my gem of a husband. I am sure most of my fellow crafters already own one, but the sheer joy of receiving your first is awesome. Isn't it? When my mailman got the parcel, I was jumping with joy.. (Well, not literally..but I am sure my heart did take a leap of joy !!)

Many more cards to follow and I have to tell you about the art exhibition in our community. I had my cards displayed there and...well well well..I will save it all for the next post. Till then..Happy Holidays!!
                                                                                        

2 comments: