Well..Well..Well.. After a good amount of hard work, a little patience and 2 seasons of 'Grey's Anatomy', my first project is complete. Following is the pic.
The entire embroidery is done in the stem stitch. I guess its the next easiest stitch after the 'running stitch'. Now, I learnt this stitch when I was a kid, but you can always find them online. It's quite easy. First, I tried the 'Long and short' stitch to fill up the flower buds, but I couldn't do a good job with it. So I switched to simpler stem stitch. As the fabric was very thick, I had to use all 6 threads together to make it visible. Here is the picture of the cushion on the sofa chair -
So here is my first project complete and I am so happy. Now its time to take up something new! I will continue with embroidery but not right away. I would like to have a few suggestions from you all. Put on your thinking caps and I will put on mine too :). It will be great to know your suggestions and if something excites me, I will surely take it up. Now its time to remain awake all the night as its India-England match coming up soon. Go India Go!!