Friday, March 18, 2011

Spring..flowers..butterflies

The spring season is almost here and I am loving the weather so much. Nothing feels as good as enjoying the nice and bright California sun :). Though I would love to visit any place where it snows in winter, and all the trees have lost their leaves. And then with the arrival of spring, every plant starts budding. For a gardener, it must be a joyful experience to see his plants blooming with the first bud of the spring season. Year after year, after the harsh winters, the spring brings hope, cheerfulness and yes flowers and butterflies...And thats what is the theme of my card :)

Spring Card

For this card, I used a freebie digi-stamp saying 'Spring' available here. It is freebie for a limited time so grab it soon if you like it . This was my first time to use a digi-stamp and its fun working with them. Its simply a png or jpeg image which you can play with either coloring it yourself or using softwares. I tried my hand on photoshop with this. My hubby Pathik who is a photoshop pro was after me since so many days to learn using photoshop for my creativity. But the "old-school-me" never took it seriously. However, this time I did give it a shot with a little help from my hubby dearest :). Now at least I can play a little with layers.

Spring-hand-made-card

The flowers are made using a flower punch. Its 3 punched flowers stuck together. I just pinched each petal lightly to give it a little realistic feel. The center of the flower is a quilled tight paper coil. The butterflies are again punched and the trail i hand drawn. For the grass, I cut quilled paper in grass shape and stuck them on the card. It took me a long time but the end result looks good! Isn't it?

I am putting this card for the following challenges:

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful card....
    a Spl like for the cute flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey..it's so beautiful! Loved the flowers a lot..The quilled center in it looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A nice cheerful Spring card. I love all the colors. Thanks for joining "Is It Spring Yet?" at the Cheerful Stamp Pad. Please come back often for future challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is just so pretty & bright- Love it! Thank you for joining us at Southern Girls

    Hugz, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card. Thanks so much for joining us at Southern Girls this fortnight. I really hope to see you again at our next challenge.
    Hugz,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the card it is very "Spring-like" especially with all the lovely butterflies and flowers -- they are so tiny! Thanks for joining us at PCJ this week. hugs ~ Cindy

    ReplyDelete