Tuesday, January 10, 2012


I made a bunch of New year cards but unfortunately I have pictures of only one.

The colors look pretty dark in the picture but they aren't in reality. Its shades of purple.  Here is a closer pic:

 The sentiment is heat embossed with clear embossing ink. I got the MArtha Stewart embossing starter kit but wasn't really happy with the result. I figured out it is the glue pad which is the culprit. To solve the problem, I got Versafine watermark glue pad, and it works just perfect. Here in this card, I have used the cheap $1 ink pad that you get at Michaels and embossed it with clear embossing powder. You may not see the embossing clearly here but it looks much better than simply stamping the sentiment. It gives a dimension to the card. Gosh, I so should have taken pictures of the other cards which involved a lot of embossing.
Anyhow...Hope you all had a wonderful New year's eve and wish you all a very Happy 2012.